Qualified domain names extension

From: John Simmons <jss§adam.genesis.net.au>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2001 08:37:20 +1100 (EST)
> If it isn't commonsense to do that within the .com.au
> space, then I am suggesting a category .ivn (Identity Verified Name).  To be
> in this category your domain name must be identical to the word or words
> approved to you by ASIC or State Government.  I am suggesting .ivn over .abn
> as it is more general and overcomes differences with ABN, ACN, RBN, ARBNs,
> etc for each company.  Also, this is not some weird license, it is your
> name.  If I can have www.logistics.ivn.au for as long as my company exists
> without any further obstacles, uncertainties, or mind numbing minutia I will
> be happy.  If someone wanted to have logistics.com.au and providing it
> didn't violate any ACCC/ASIC rules I don't care.  The .net and .org don't
> have the same precondition.  From what I have seen .biz is not identity
> rigorous enough either.

Why not let businesses/organisations that are prepared to use exactly the
name that they have officially registered as 'their name' in Australia
use these directly in the .au space.  eg:  myname.au, or logistics.au,
belgravefishandchips.au, or in my case genesisnetworks.au

The rules would be that you can only use your own properly registered in
Australia name and you must use all of it, exactly as it is registered,
no abreviations, acronyms, tweaks, etc.

This leaves .com.au, .org.au, .net.au, etc for all the others.  Let them
scramble for generic, or more memorable, names within these areas, but
leave those that want to use their own names to use them the way that they
were meant to be used.

All the best.

John Simmons                    Phone:  (03) 9754 6479
Director                        Fax:    (03) 9754 6514
Genesis Networks                Email:  jss&#167;genesis.net.au
www.genesis.net.au              Postal: 3 Gully Crescent Belgrave 3160