Re: [DNS] Notional value of a domain name

From: Mike Russell <mjr§hydrocorp.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 08:53:23 +1030
Hi Bruce,
Just wondering where the policy prohibits the transfer of a domain..
In the relatively short time I've been interested in what happens with
domains, I seem to recall instances where .com.au domains have changed
hands.
For instance;
What happens when I want to sell my business and the associated
domain(s) that are an intrinsic part of it?
I'm assuming that all I'd have to do is sell the business, change the
relevant business name details with the local Govt agency, goto
aunic.net and change a few details.
Hey presto, domain changes hands.
Please tell me if this incorrect and where exactly I am prohibited from
transferring a .com.au domain that is owned / 'licensed' by my business..

Regards.

Mike Russell.