RE: [DNS] FW: Chris Disspain???

RE: [DNS] FW: Chris Disspain???

From: Brett Fenton <brettf§netregistry.au.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 12:30:57 +1000
NetRegistry has a fair idea about who "Dominic Main" is. This hopefully
should be confirmed by Telstra this afternoon, at which time I'll happily be
releasing their identity to the list along with a list of activities they
have undertaken against NetRegistry over the last 9 months, just so we all
know the kinds of people we have in our business.

Regards
Brett Fenton
General Manager
NetRegistry: www.netregistry.au.com
_________________________________
Tel: +61 2 9699 6099
Direct: +61 2 9641 8614
Fax: +61 2 9699 6088
e: brettf&#167;netregistry.au.com
PO Box 270 Broadway, 2007
Australia

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Chris Disspain [mailto:ceo&#167;auda.org.au]
> Sent: Thursday, 13 September 2001 11:43 AM
> To: dns&#167;auda.org.au
> Subject: [DNS] FW: Chris Disspain???
>
>
> Off list email from Dominic Main (?) and my reply FYI.
>
> Regards
>
> Chris Disspain
> CEO - auDA
> ceo&#167;auda.org.au
> +61-3-9226-9495
> www.auda.org.au
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Chris Disspain [mailto:ceo&#167;auda.org.au]
> Sent: Thursday, 13 September 2001 11:42
> To: Dominic Main
> Subject: RE: Chris Disspain???
>
> I am not saying that list members cannot question the actions of people in
> the industry. However your comments are inflammatory and clearly
> based on a
> personal issue which should have been declared up front. This is evidenced
> by your use of the alias Dominc Main and your address of
> www.netregistryhosting.com.
>
> Your tone, comments and language taken together with the aliases etc.
> indicate a concerted 'sledging' campaign and that is not what the DNS List
> is for. I would not allow it against anyone irrespective of the role, if
> any, that they play in the industry.
>
> You say 'I simply wish to remain anonymous'. With respect, your
> actions give
> the lie to this. If you simply wished to remain anonymous you
> would not have
> gone to the trouble of setting up an email account using 'Dominic
> Main' and
> neither would you have registered www.netregistry.com.
>
> In general terms whilst I cannot stop people coming on to the list
> 'anonymously' the list has agreed that contributors should identify
> themselves and declare any interests they have. On that basis I will not
> re-instate 'Dominic Main' to the list.
>
> Since I do not know who you are and I am not prepared to
> communicate with an
> alias please do not contact me again unless you are prepared to
> do so openly
> and honestly as the 'real' you.
>
>
> Chris Disspain
> CEO - auDA
> ceo&#167;auda.org.au
> +61-3-9226-9495
> www.auda.org.au
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Dominic Main [mailto:dominic_main&#167;start.com.au]
> Sent: Wednesday, 12 September 2001 17:48
> To: ceo&#167;auda.org.au
> Subject: Re: Chris Disspain???
>
> Dear Chris,
>
> Well you should have said so. I would have then happily stated my
> questions in the appropriate manner.
>
> I was never told that I could not question directly the actions and
> intentions of individuals in this industry.
>
> I would like to be re-instated in the list and guarantee that I will
> not make any further such comments. In fact any postings on the list
> will simply ask for others opinions as to what I perceive are areas
> which need much improvement.
>
> If you still feel that I should not be on the list, so be it, and I
> thank you for your time.
>
> As far a courage or coutesy, I think you are making the same mistake
> there as I did. You are accusing me based on assumption. I simply wish
> to remain annonymous. I am active on the list under another email
> address where my identity is plain for everyone to see, when I wish it
> to be so.
>
> I await your response.
>
>
> Original message from: "Chris Disspain" <ceo&#167;auda.org.au>
> >
> >You are off the list because you have neither the courage nor the
> courtesy
> >to declare who you are and declare any interests you may have.
> >
> >I will not tolerate people who hide behind fake addresses and
> aliases.
> >
> >Controversial comments are fine (in fact, encouraged). Derogatory
> remarks
> >and defamatory statements are not.
> >
> >
> >Chris Disspain
> >CEO - auDA
> >ceo&#167;auda.org.au
> >+61-3-9226-9495
> >www.auda.org.au
> >
> >
> >-----Original Message-----
> >From: Dominic Main [mailto:dominic_main&#167;start.com.au]
> >Sent: Wednesday, 12 September 2001 17:25
> >To: auda-dns&#167;auda.org.au
> >Subject: Chris Disspain???
> >
> >Wow I have been removed off the list.
> >
> >A few controversial comments, non of which are addressed and thats
> it?
> >
> >Its good to see that you are right behind Larry Bloch, Chris.
> >
> >Not toooo close I hope
> >
> >
> >Dominic Main
> >NetRegistry Hosting
> >www.netregistryhosting.com
> >dominic_main&#167;start.com.au
> >
> >__________________________________________________________________
> >Get your free Australian email account at http://www.start.com.au
> >
> >
> >.
> >
>
>
> __________________________________________________________________
> Get your free Australian email account at http://www.start.com.au
>
> --
> This article is not to be reproduced or quoted beyond this forum without
> express permission of the author. 339 subscribers.
> Archived at http://listmaster.iinet.net.au/list/dns (user: dns, pass: dns)
> Email "unsubscribe" to dns-request&#167;auda.org.au to be removed.
>
>

--
This article is not to be reproduced or quoted beyond this forum without
express permission of the author. 339 subscribers. 
Archived at http://listmaster.iinet.net.au/list/dns (user: dns, pass: dns)
Email "unsubscribe" to dns-request&#167;auda.org.au to be removed.
Received on Thu Sep 13 2001 - 02:33:58 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.0 : Thu Dec 18 2014 - 16:00:11 UTC