RE: [DNS] Predatory business practice

From: Gunning, Patrick <Patrick.Gunning§msj.com.au>
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2001 11:39:22 +1000
Mallesons Stephen Jaques
Confidential communication

If ING is engaging in misleading and deceptive conduct, auDA (or any of
ING's competitors, or even someone with no interest whatsoever in ING's
actions) can apply for an injunction to restrain ING from engaging in
such conduct.  So you don't need to rely on MIT to take action for
breach of contract (if there has been such a breach) or on the ACCC to
take it up.

My interest in domain names?  I am a solicitor who advises about domain
name and trade mark issues.

I haven't seen ING's documents, so I have no view on whether or not they
are misleading.

Patrick Gunning
Senior Associate
Mallesons Stephen Jaques Sydney