RE: [DNS] Advertising on AUNIC - Competitive neutrality?

From: Michael <michael§mediakinetix.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 17:45:53 +1000
I don't know whether this has occurred to you Chris but every provider
within the Industry also happens to be a member of the Public. If you choose
to use the lack of complaints from the " Public", well; You tell me Chris,
because now I may be wrong, but what could those to whom you are
conveniently referring  have to complain about ?

 Why would you need to draw another element into this discussion anyway?  It
is not just the public that need to know AUNIC is 100% secure.
 In fairness to all concerned, it is completely inappropriate that NR
should be put in this position, especially in the event of a serious
incident.

Clearly you are affected by the complaints you are receiving, otherwise you
wouldn't try to deflect this matter onto the ignorance of the " Public".

As for your assertion/assumption that said complaints are understandably
coming from jealous competitors: These are your thoughts, not necessarily
those of others.
NR should be applauded for their success in being able to orchestrate such
an manouvre; the lack of foresight and discretion on AUDAs part is what I
question.
There should never have been a tender process, period.

AUDA elected to take on this responsibilty to begin with, one wonders
whether AUDA would have ever won this right had it come to light that the
responsibility would be one day "farmed out" to a private firm (private firm
= an entity or individual who is not a self regulating body and acting in
its own interests not the public's - and not singularly NR.)

So really there are no threads. There is one issue. AUDA took on the initial
responsibilty to act as the host.  If the current AUDA admin couldn't
fulfill its initial committment in its entirety, then the roles of the
administrators themselves should be questioned.  In fairness to the public.

In good faith

Michael Verga