RE: [DNS] Advertising on AUNIC - Competitive neutrality?

From: Saliya Wimalaratne <saliya§hinet.net.au>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 11:23:59 +1000 (EST)
On Fri, 20 Jul 2001, Larry Bloch wrote:

> Scott, that's all very well after the fact, but firstly, I'm sure you'll
> agree that hosting AUNIC in the US is strategically a little ridiculous,
> and secondly, does your offer include the $30k odd of equipment as well and
> are you prepared to accept the financial liability implied by failure to
> achieve SLA's? All  of this is included in the contract.

Yes, AUNIC in the US is stupid (but cheap :).

Sorry Larry, but $30k is way too much money to pay for the hardware
required, even with a single level of redundancy.

The question for everyone here is: is a banner .gif such a big deal ? If
yes, take it up with auDA (or offer your own tender! :)

Regards,

Saliya