Re: [DNS] Advertising on AUNIC - Competitive neutrality?

From: Hoffy <hoffy§crisp.au.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 00:58:40 +1000
> I think it's justified publicity - they are hosting the AUNIC servers for
$0.00!

But of course .. and I expect to see a zero dollar revenue amount against
this zero dollar expenditure come next financial year.

Let's ask a few questions here

1. Does hosting a service for a non-profit organization/company/whateveritis
constitute a tax deduction?
2. Is it acceptable to download a page that is potentially 2~4 times the
previous size at a cost to the end user.  The backbone providers must love
NR.  I'm assuming NR has no outbound tariff.
3. I still argue the point that the ads come from a different source than
the page, and for a "critical technical function" (refer constitution 3.1 e.
iii.) I fail to see any justification whatsoever for the ad.

Actually this argument is pointless.  The DNS of the world is fast becoming
a battlefield of egocentric powerplays .. has noone thought of a better way
yet ??  It's such an old system ...

Hoffy