Re: [DNS] international domain news

From: Don Cameron <donc§mudgeeab.com.au>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 09:59:26 +1000
Hello Andre,

I have heard of this technology though was yet to see it in practice -
entering your name in the address-bar directed me to the RealNames homepage
(presumably through the IE5 default search-on-error feature - because your
name was actually returned as an unknown or incomplete URL, IE5 directs to
MSN Search, which in turn is "smart enough" to interact with RealNames) - my
question - will this evolve into actually directing hit requests to a
specific page other than the RealNames homepage?

"Real English" translations have long been promoted as a better and more
intuitive navigational mechanism than URL's, so best of luck with your
developments.

Don