Re: [DNS] international domain news

From: Paul Foxworthy <paul§cohsoft.com.au>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 09:22:04 +1000
At 03:07 PM 26/06/2001 +0200, Andre Beetge wrote:

>I am sure most of you might of heard what keywords are, but feel free to go
>look at
>http://www.realnames.com
>or just type my name
>andre beetge
>in the address bar of an IE and see what happens, no http, no www, no
>.com.au.

Andre,

Blatant advertising on a mailing list is not good Netiquette and
counter-productive.

I'm intrigued that you're asking that we do your market research for you
*after* you've signed up with RealNames.

And, since there's "no .com.au", exactly what Australian rights have you
bought? Surely an Australian customer can sign up direct with RealNames? If
the idea is that you'll be the major representative and market the service
in Australia, isn't that a bit hard to do from South Africa?

Cheers

Paul Foxworthy

---- Coherent Software ------------- http://www.cohsoft.com.au/ ----
For interactive Web sites, databases, software, animation
Aust. Family History Compendium at http://www.cohsoft.com.au/afhc/