Re: [DNS] FW: uaDA Pty Ltd is not an org.au

From: Ian Smith <smithi§nimnet.asn.au>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 04:54:29 +1000 (EST)
On Fri, 15 Jun 2001, Len Lindon wrote:

 > Formal complaint to current .org.au Delegate:
 > Mr Robert Elz, Melbourne, Australia
 >
 > Action requested: revocation of .org.au
 > status for auDA Pty Ltd.

Do give it a break, Len.  What are you really trying to achieve here?

 > Supported by:
 > (i) .org.au guidelines

See below.

 > (ii) Keegal posts on dns&#167;auda.org.au

Opinions expressed, not AuDA statements as I receive it.

 > (iii) .au guidelines (e.g. com/asn).
 >
 > ----------
 > From: Len Lindon <info&#167;humanrights.com.au>
 > Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 23:54:21 +1000
 > To: "dns&#167;auda.org.au" <dns§auda.org.au>
 > Subject: auDA Pty Ltd is not an org.au
 >
 > 1. How is it that a Proprietary Limited company
 > under the Corporations Act and other
 > corporate/business/government legislation
 > can be a .org.au?

from ftp://munnari.oz.au/netinfo/ORG.AU-policy, referred from
http://www.aunic.net/policies.html#orgau :

===
2) The registrant must be an organisation of some kind, that is, not
   an individual.  Companies, Statutory Authorities, Partnerships, etc, are
   all acceptable, as is almost anything else that can reasonably be
   considered an organisation.
===

Fair enough?

 > 2. Is there a procedure for challenging
 > this address when it should CLEARLY be
 > .com.au or maybe charitably .asn.au?

Clearly to you perhaps, but that's subjective.  You appear to be trying
to create conflict where none presently exists.  What's the purpose?

 > 3. Just as the UDRP gives TM-holders
 > certain mediation rights (subject to
 > review by local court), does not
 > the .au delegation require certain
 > obligations of org.au addresses?

Read the above document; all necessary disclaimers seem to be in place.
Anyway, kre is still the .au delegate, until the coming forced takeover.

 > 4. I fail to see how Tony Staley,
 > unelected by the supposed auDA
 > constituents, has any legitimacy
 > as the chair of auda.org.au

Agreed entirely - but it's not relevant to the matter you focus on.

 > 5. Assuming .org.au criteria apply.

begin
  clue := 'none';
  understood := false;
  repeat
    assign (f, "ftp://munnari.oz.au/netinfo/ORG.AU-policy");
    reset (f);
    while not (eof (f) or understood) do begin
      readln (f. line);
      if getit (clue, line) then understood := true
    end
  until understood
end.

{pardon my Pascal - function getit is external. but readily available}

Ian