Re: [DNS] au Domain Administration (Australian Company Number 079 009 340)

From: Andrew Pam <xanni§glasswings.com.au>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 03:22:53 +1000

On Fri, Jun 15, 2001 at 01:25:00AM +1000, Len Lindon wrote:
> Are you now giving the ok for the redelegation of any
> cctlds that don't meet "current policy"?
>
> Such as, oh I dont know, er, maybe one like .au

I didn't say that.  I'm just pointing out that revoking domain
names is something I generally do not support, and especially
in this case I think you are doing yourself and your causes
more damage than good by making such counterproductive suggestions.

> And if the decisions and processes of .au addressing
> should be more widely shared, are you confident that
> au Domain Administration Pty Ltd (ACN supplied) really
> is more independent and less susceptible to commercial
> imperatives than a proven public interest delegate?

I didn't express my opinion on that subject at all.  Don't make assumptions.

> [Lucky that we are stuck with .au and don't have to deal
> with the dilemmas and dollar temptations of .co and .tv etc]

If you really want my personal opinion, I think that the existing DNS
system is now clearly showing serious limitations and will gradually
become less and less relevant as new protocols and services eventually
reduce the reliance on DNS.

Cheers,
	Andrew
--
mailto:xanni&#167;xanadu.net                         Andrew Pam
http://www.xanadu.com.au/                       Chief Scientist, Xanadu