RE: [DNS] re-delegation of .au

From: Dassa <dasssa§ozemail.com.au>
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2001 22:02:24 +1000

Hello Patrick :)

|> I am a member of the auDA Board representing the "demand" class of
members .

I'm not sure what you mean by this?

|> I am speaking as an individual and expressing my own personal views.
|>
|> When I joined the Board in December I voiced similar concerns.  I have
|> attended a number of Board meetings and discussed these issues with
other
|> members of the Board both publicly and privately.  I have also
corresponded
|> privately with Robert Elz.

Is a bit of a concern Mr Elz communicates singularly with Board members but
not on an official level.  No doubt he has his reasons.

|> It is my view that all members of the Board are competent professionals
who
|> have acted with the greatest integrity and dignity.  I have established
|> my own personal satisfaction that the process being adopted is both
|> constitutionally proper and very fair.

No doubt.  Never hurts to confirm it to other interested parties though.

|> The whole tenor of Board meetings are such that every Board member is
|> totally familiar and comfortable with these issues and the approach
being
|> taken.  Each step in the process has been discussed in as much depth as
any
|> Board member may personally require.  There is no hidden agenda,
deception
|> or unfair dealing of any sort.  The whole process falls squarely within
the
|> framework of the auDA Constitution.  It is why the body was set up.

Glad to hear it.  Although not yet a member of the auDA, I expect I will be
soon.

|> It is generally expected that Board members allow the CEO to be a
|> spokesperson for the organisation.  I am satisfied that all members of
the
|> Board are fully supportive of Chris Disspain, our CEO.
|> Personally I find him remarkably capable and competent.  You can be
assured that his voice
|> represents my views and those of other Board members.

Again, glad to hear it.

|> I am a subscriber to this mailing list.  I believe that all Board
members
|> except one are also subscribed.  There is also an internal Board mailing
|> list.  Any Board member can, at any time, offer his or her own personal
|> view to the members publicly through this list.  I have done so now.

Always nice to know :)

We have started to cross paths in other forums and since I am now taking an
interest in the local scene I imagine we will continue to cross paths a
great deal.  From other forums we have a slight understanding of each
others view points.  Hopefully this will enable us to communicate at an
ideal level.

All the best.

Darryl (Dassa) Lynch.