Re: [DNS] [Fwd: (no subject)]

From: Paul Day <bonfire§bur.st>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 17:35:23 +0800 (WST)
On Tue, 5 Jun 2001, Alan DeBritt wrote:

> Why is it that no one seems to care about the non-profit organizations
> that were forced to close there doors because of the extended delays on
> registering or re-delegating .org.au domain names?

Perhaps I'm missing something here but how can delays in the registration
of a domain name force an organisation to fall to it's dimise? What's
wrong with www.isp.net.au/~organisation in the mean-time or getting a
.asn.au?

I could understannd how it would cause major issues in redelegation cases,
but registration cases?

PD

--
Paul Day         Email: bonfire&#167;bur.st         Web: www.bur.st/~bonfire