Re: [DNS] .au space proposal

From: brettmw <brettmw§dingoblue.net.au>
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2000 23:47:52 +1100
"I would really like to see some market research on the trends of acceptance
> of .au domains compared to .com domains. Obviously this should take the
form
> of the number of .au registrations compared with the number of .com
> registrations from Australian businesses and consumers over the past 6
> months or so. I feel this should be the first step in determining the
> appropriateness of any action on our national namespace.  Is this analysis
> available?"

Yes it is, just ask anyone who uses the net but can't afford the absurd
prices that  .au expect for registering......

Why would i pay  $120-$170 for a expensive.com.au  in Australia and support
my country,  when i can get a  cheap.com (which is far more popular) and
support America for $35.00 a year.

Simple math, even for a guy who can't afford to register a .au .   ;-)