Re: [DNS] What's in a name? Too little, says panel

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian§>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 21:20:18 +0800
On Mon, Nov 20, 2000, m&#167; wrote:
> The only solution is to get a grip and open up the *.au namespace. This whole, thing is a crock. No one cares about The only reason a company will get is if (a) they already have and they want the for consistency or (b) they couldn't get

Just my 2c here, but I think that is a load of crock. Have you *seen*
the state of .com ?

Don't confuse the solution to mis-managed DNS space to completely opening
it up. All of a sudden a company will focus on selling as many domain names
as possible, and soon you end up with lawsuits over domain ownership,
domain name squatting..

I normally don't speak up about DNS issues, but you'd think that people
would learn from history..

Adrian Chadd			"God: Damn! I left pot everywhere!
<adrian&#167;>	  Now I'll have to create Republicans!"
				    - Bill Hicks