Re: [DNS] DNS Place Names

From: Patrick Corliss <patrick§quad.net.au>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 22:26:28 +1000
Hi David

> I thought this is what this is for.
> Can someone point me in the right direction please!

Jan Webster is a senior officer at Internet Names Worldwide.  She does this
stuff for a living and is as knowledgable as anybody in Australia.  I think
she was writing to you privately because I haven't seen her email as a posting
on the list.

As she says, the .au Domain Administration (not Authority as I said) is the
most relevant governing body.  They have set up a Panel to review domain name
policy.  Details of that panel can be found at:

http://www.auda.org.au/panel/name/

This panel's deliberations are likely to take months and they will make
recommendations to auDA.  The whole process may or may not introduce changes
to place name policy.

This particular discussion list probably includes almost everybody on that
panel as well as some other influential people who are not on the panel.

By writing to the list, you may help achieve your objective.  Of course, you
or any member of the public can make their own submission(s) directly to auDA
or the panel.

This can be done through Jo Lim at jo.lim&#167;noie.gov.au

Hope this clarifies the situation.

Regards