[DNS] ICANN Board

From: <ERoberts§dca.gov.au>
Date: 7 Oct 98 16:55:04 AST
It now looks as if IANA will be superceded by the Internet Corporation for
Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN).  I expect that Senator Alston's office
will issue a media release on this issue very soon (in the next few hours).

Greg Crew was nominated for the interim board NOT because he is an Internet
expert but because he has solid experience in growing an industry
self-regulatory regime in a related industry area.  For this reason, he was
considered ideally suited for board membership during this difficult
interim period.   Given the competition for Board membership, we are very
pleased that an Australian has been included on the list of members.

Erica

Dr Erica Roberts
National Office for the Information Economy