Re: [DNS] ENOUGH is ENOUGH (fwd)

From: Tony <week§igsynergy.com.au>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 1998 11:08:06 +0100
>Vic, less sugar in your coffee, and lay off the red jellybeans please...it
has
>the same affect on my two-year-old.
>
>--
>Paul Brooks (PB94)        | Paul.Brooks&#167;GlobalOne.net / pbrooks§gip.net

WHAT? Your giving your two year old coffee with sugar in it?.. oh man!..
that can't be good for mum.

--

All i really want to know is this,

When the com.au name first went to melbit, they justified the fees being
comparable to the US .com fees, so $100usd was equal to $125aud. they
didn't tell us that the US govnt were taking a cut of $30usd to build the
US 'info'structure...

Since then the .com fees have dropped to $70usd. and the govnt guys are
putting the rest back into the internet in someway.
last i heard they were thinking about refunding the $30 back to the name
holders, (dont think this will happen though.)

The question is:
Why are we still paying to much for com.au ?.. and does anything to back in
to building up our australian internet 'info'structure?

I want a refund of $40 for every .com.au domain name or that money put in
to building our info'structure.

-t-o-n-y-