Re: [DNS] ENOUGH is ENOUGH (fwd)

From: <vicc§cia.net.au>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 1998 10:23:14 +1000 (EST)
>_From: Paul Brooks
>
> Sandra Davey wrote:
> >
> > I am surprised and disappointed at the level of discussion here. In
> > addition to a debate that rarely rises above the rationality of 12 year
> > old's,
>
> (If I didn't want this reply to make a serious point, I'd include a crack
> about most ISPs being _run_ by 12-to-15 year olds...)
>
> > there seems to be some indication that because non-profits are
> > not-for-profit, we shouldn't mind waiting around; that it's ok for a free
> > service like org.au to offer a second-rate service. I find this attitude
> > just astounding.
>
> Sandra, the original complaint was about a turn-around time of 7 days - I

Paul that is for delegation, do you know what delegation means?
and I am told it is around 2-3 months for approval.

7 day delegations is a fiasco from hell.

the guy from lifeline rings me up and says the domain isnt delegated yet. I say
your kiding I am sure I did it last week and I am thinking it cant in
your wildest dreams take a week for a delegation. I check the aunic site
and nothing, no hint that a delegation is in the wings. then I start to
doubt I even submited it. the guy rings up Elz and is told its in the
queue. your kidding me Robert has let his delegation queue slip to 7 days
and his approval queue slip to 8-12 weeks. you have got to be joking.
I had every right to spit the dummy.

put this in your dns faq,

planning for .org.au.
---------------------

first book a trip, a nice long trip, make it an around the world trip,
oh and make it by ocean liner, in fact make sure you cross every major ocean
and if you are lucky by the time you get back your domain may be approved.

Robert Elz ran .com.au into the ground, he botched up the .com.au handover
to a commercial entity. he allowed MIT to create a monoply, he
allowed MIT to lock 90% of the commerical market into 2 year contracts.
meaning any benefits from competition will not really be felt for a long time.
he totaly botched the .com.au name space policies.
he has refused to hand out further .com.au licenses.  he has done nothing
to further the adna process. and now he is a hero for running .org.au into the
ground. Robert has a lot to answer for.

and did I miss some posts or what, he is now ignoring offers to bring
some sanity into .org.au, why??????????????

Vic