Re: [DNS] ENOUGH is ENOUGH

From: <vicc§cia.net.au>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 1998 19:17:10 +1000 (EST)
>_From: Matt Trim
>

> As a follow up to Pauls comments - I'm sure most '.org.au' clients in
> Australia would rather a week, even two weeks turnaround, if it meant that
> their domain was registered and maintained for free by a volunteer.
>
> The current system is great - we have a volunteer providing quite an
> acceptable level of service- free of chrage - to community
> organisations!
>
> Do you really have to have this closed thinking that we can no longer
> have free DNS services because the turnaround isn't what you
> personally want?
>
> I'm sure all the community organisations are glad they aren't paying a
> registration and renewal fee for their domain names!

you speak out of total ignorance, you can explain to the national director
of lifeline why it takes a week to do a delegation.  how many domains to
you submit a week? how many irate customers do you deal  with a week that
beat there heads against the dns wall in this country? leave these well meaning
comments as the unsuported conjecture they are and stick to the facts.

Vic