Re: [DNS] the road ahead

From: George Michaelson <ggm§dstc.edu.au>
Date: Fri, 03 Jul 1998 10:50:46 +1000

  To all interested parties.

  	I am willing to setup a public video conference between Melbourne,
  Sydney and Brisbane for people to get to talking about this on my penny. If
  there is enough interested parties, and we can agree on a time, I will set
  the link up so we can all communicate in a quicker method.

Its a very kind offer. But its important to remember that this is a LIST
*not* a vested body that makes decisions.

I'm all for a meeting, but its about deriving consensus and moving forward
to a more formal process, not about making THE decision(s)

In particular if enough of the key stakeholders can't be there (as has happened
on several occasions in the past) the discussions have to note who wasn't there
to agree (or disagree)

-George
--
George Michaelson         |  DSTC Pty Ltd
Email: ggm&#167;dstc.edu.au    |  University of Qld 4072