RE: DNS: People Involved with .AU

From: Jim Fleming <JimFleming§unety.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 1998 08:30:37 -0500
On Monday, June 22, 1998 6:54 AM, Adam Todd[SMTP:at&#167;ah.net] wrote:
&#167;>		5 _______________________
&#167;>	3 _______________________
&#167;>		6 _______________________
&#167;>1 Robert Elz
&#167;>2 Luke Carruthers (Chair) Intia (IIA)     Luke§netport.com.au
&#167;>		7 _______________________
&#167;>	4 _______________________
&#167;>		8 _______________________
&#167;
&#167;I don't feel Luke, who ownes a very large stake of a very large ISP is a
&#167;good person to sit in this picture.  Conflict of Interest, is a phrase that
&#167;comes to mind.
&#167;

I am not sure it matters whether you like it or not. The above is
a tracking chart not a ballot. The goal is to track the current situation
so that the best information is available. This is like saying the top
8 Olympic atheletes in the 100 yard dash are so-and-so, etc. If they
are the fastest people in the world in that event it does not matter if
you like it or not. Your goal should not be to make them run slower.

You have to recognize that the people change on an continual basis.
I would expect to see Robert Elz soon moving from that #1 position
based on what people have been sending to me privately. How will
that happen ? The other 7 people have to help make sure the above
chart reflects the community consensus. Using the Olympic analogy
we do not want to be living in a fantasy world where everyone claims
that the #1 person is the fastest 100 yard dash person in the world
(or .AU) when they no longer compete in any of the events.

In summary, a 15 second 100 yard dash is no longer impressive.
We want to track the TOP people in the .AU TLD governance arena.
Luke Carruthers would not be the Chair of that one group unless
he was somewhere near the top.

Can you suggest how the chart should currently look ?

By the way...there are 256 TLDs in the G6 region. There is not time
to spend this much time on each one. Once you find the Top 8 people
and get the tracking going, move on...let the people on the track sort
out who is who....they will do it...believe me...all you have to do is help
them get on the track...they want to participate...let them do it...

Jim Fleming
Unir Corporation - http://www.unir.com - 0:196 .MALL
1998 - The Year of the C+&#167;