Re: DNS: Let me get this straight...AU is ONE person ?

From: Larry Bloch <larry§>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 09:51:47 +1000

Would you happen to be another Alternate DNS enthusiast (and for clarity I
mean TLD's not supported by the "legacy" Root Name Servers?

I ask because I noticed  in your signature, and it
looked like a signature from another cyberfantasy crackpot.

And if your primary interest is along the lines of Adam Todd's AURSC, why
are you interested in .AU?

At 19:50 22/06/98 +0200, you wrote:
>> The .AU domain contains about 1 host and 11 domains. It has a serial
>> number which implies it hasn't been updated for over a month, and I'd say
>> that would have only been for a change in a domain (which are
>> in the same zone file), and I'm sure the only changes which would have been
>> made in .AU in the past few years would have been NS changes - if any.
>How do you pretend to be active on the Net, with so few names ?
>Aren't there any Australian company, or organization, which would want
>have its site under its .AU name ?
>Even if there are far less names in .FR than in .COM, we, in France,
>have lots of .fr names. Owned by french companies (big & small) and
>french subidiaries of foreign companies :
>You'd benefit from a .AU zone really competitive...
>Jean-Christophe PRAUD - LUDEXPRESS
>     3:213 WINE
>Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu n'gah Bill R'lyeh Wgah'nagl fhtagn

Larry Bloch
Chief Executive Officer
NetRegistry Pty Limited
email:  larry&#167;
Office: +61-(0)2-9555 6299
Fax:    +61-(0)2-9555 5808
Domain House, PO Box 2088, Sydney, NSW 1043