Re: DNS: Let me get this straight...AU is ONE person ?

From: Jean-Christophe Praud <jc.praud§ludexpress.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 09:17:41 +0200
Jeff Williams wrote:

> > > ibm.com.au, lotus.com.au, apple.com.au and coke.com.au all exist, all exactly
> > > where they should under .COM.AU
> >
> > Wouldn't it be better for such BIG names to exist directly under .AU ?
>
>   One would think so.  But that is up the the Australian people/stakeholders/ and
> australian Internet user community.

Sure. That's just a suggestion.

> > Moreover, if ccTLDs can't compete against gTLDs, there will probably be
> > more ccTLDs hijacked by private interests. Not a good thing for the
> > countries concerned.
>
>   You suerly aren't suggesting that Robert Elz is a "Private Interest" are you
> Jean?  >;)   Naaahhhh!  Couldn't be!

I don't know enough about DNS situation in Australia to make such
assertions.
I just thought about .CC, .TM, .NU, etc.
If that happened in some countries, it can happen in others...

The main source of ccTLD hijacking is the lack of gTLDs, and of fair
management of them, isn't it ?