Re: DNS: Let me get this straight...AU is ONE person ?

From: Richard Archer <rha§interdomain.net.au>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 1998 16:39:15 +1000
At 15:55 +1000 22/6/98, Jim Fleming wrote:

>Please explain how this makes any sense and
>why it would not be better to have MORE people
>from the Internet community in Australia involved
>in the management of the .AU TLD.

Because Robert is doing a good job.

We have a stable and reliable DNS, and any change from the
current system is likely to be for the worse.

I don't see the point in changing the current system unless there is
general concensus that the repacement system is an improvement.

We were working on the formation of a body to take over management
of .AU - in fact this list was created to further that very process.

A brief perusal of the list archives demonstrates that it's a lot harder
to establish a stable and equitable domain management authority than
picking eight people and saying "you're it!".

Yours sincerely,
Richard Archer.