Re: DNS: Getting back on track

From: Larry Bloch <larry§netregistry.com.au>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 1998 18:22:28 +1000
At 17:46 22/06/98 +1000, you wrote:

>The list should now become moderated.
>
>> 3) If we could go moderated on this list,
>>    who is an acceptable moderator?
>
>I would suggest (though may not be thanked for this) Tony Barry, whose
>link list is one of the most sane and civilised on the planet due to
>his careful moderation.  Tony is on the dns list already, is an ex
>ISOC-AU director, and has been involved in Internet issues for many
>years.
>
>Tony?
>
>Kate Lance

I agree with Kate. We need a modicum of moderation. We don't need a
"thought police", just a sensible approach to timewasters and flame wars.

Almost anyone on this list could do the job, but if Tony has experience and
is willing, he gets my vote. So long as he doesn't make policy, just
implements it.

Larry