RE: DNS: .AU Board of Trustees Election

From: Jim Fleming <JimFleming§unety.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 1998 01:36:38 -0500
On Monday, June 22, 1998 10:10 AM, Stephen Baxter[SMTP:steve&#167;senet.com.au] wrote:
&#167;
&#167;>
&#167;> Would it be possible to elect 8 people from the following
&#167;> list to be the Trustees of the .AU TLD ?
&#167;>
&#167;> Robert Elz
&#167;> Larry Bloch
&#167;> Steve Baxter
&#167;
&#167;take me out please - I have had a gutful and just wish to be a noise maker
&#167;on the sidelines as that is really easy and requires very little rational
&#167;thought !
&#167;

Keep in mind that in the IPv8 approach, the web-o-matic
handles the selection. In other words, the top 8 people
are tracked based on their participation as opposed to
people voting for them.

Back to the .AU board of trustees...Maybe what you might
want to first organize a nominating committee. That would
be a group of people who go off and put together a long list
of nominees. Then people can accept or decline. At the rate
this is going there might only be 8 people in all of Australia
willing to accept the nomination. If that is the case then you
do not have to vote. Everyone wins by acclamation.

Jim Fleming
Unir Corporation - http://www.unir.com - 0:196 .MALL
1998 - The Year of the C+&#167;