RE: DNS: whois servers and official domains

From: Jim Fleming <JimFleming§unety.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 1998 07:18:24 -0500
On Sunday, June 21, 1998 5:57 AM, Jean-Christophe Praud[SMTP:jc.praud&#167;ludexpress.com] wrote:
<snip>
&#167;
&#167;But whois is not DNS...
&#167;

Because of the fragmentation of the whois approaches
I think that DNS will be the only common point where
we can store whoi-like information.

Rather than design a new *protocol*, all we have to do is come
to some common understanding about how to extend the *platform*.
This is one of the important differences in the IPv8 methodology
and the IPv4/6 approach to the world. The IETF is protocol-centric,
in IPv8 we have to focus on the platform.

Jim Fleming
Unir Corporation - http://www.unir.com
1998 - The Year of the C+&#167;