Re: DNS: defining "official" domains

From: Adam Todd <at§ah.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 1998 15:30:06 +1000
>>    This is because .net.au is INTENDED and SANCTION for this
>>    purpose.
>
>Rick, I think you are mistaken here.  .net.au is not sanctioned "Officialy".
>Do a whois on it and you get a "Not found".  None of the 13 Root servers
>will resolve it.

Oh golly, did I miss out on that one!

Jeff, your spot on.  The Legacy Root Servers DO NOT RESOLVE the net.au name
space.

Although AURSC does :)  But we built the table by hand :)

I wonder when Rick is going to SHUDDUP:LISTEN:THINK:SPEAK.

He seems to feel that SPEAK, LISTEN, SHUDDUP and THINK is a better path.

<shrug>

THE DOMAIN NAME HANDBOOK                   http://www.domainhandbook.com
The advice offered in this email is not considered professional advice,
or it would be accompanied by an invoice. No permission is granted for
republication of comments, without written consent.
Business Development, Technology Domain Registration and Network Advisory
Telstra Convey Member (not employee)	  AURSC    http://www.aursc.ah.net
Adam Todd                                 Personal http://adamtodd.ah.net
at&#167;aus  or  at@ah.net				   http://adam.says.sheesh
Phone +61 2 9729 0565                     Network  http://www.ah.net