Re: DNS: defining "AURSC" domains

From: Adam Todd <at§ah.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 1998 01:07:13 +1000
>> ==================================================================
>>  _/  Richard Welykochy                 mailto:rick&#167;dot.net.au
>> _/  Dot Communications Ltd             http://www.dot.net.au/world
>> ==================================================================
>
>Mmm. I get this URL with my alternate IRSC DNS, AND with my
>LEGACY/InterNIC DNS, too...
>All that from France...

Jean Christopher, it works well huh?

>Timeouts are currently more frequent with legacy DNS servers than with
>IRSCs ones. Perhaps is it specific to Europe, where "World Wide Wait"
>isn't just a joke...

Oh damn.  Hang on I'll turn the bandwidth down so we time out a little.
You might also have to ping the EURSC Root Servers hard with a flood ping.
Can't have good resolution results.

(Am I suppose to put sarcasim tags around that??)

>Anyway, with more root servers sharing the load, and BETTER located thru
>the world, all internet users should benefit from new RSCs.

This is a very good point.  Especially where Australia os concerned, as
there isn't a SINGLE Legacy Root Server here :)

AURSC fills that gap really well though.  Hopfully providing some lower
cost paths.  ISPs are always welcome to discuss interconnect with me, some
already have, it's experimental and everyone seems to like the idea of
using my Server Rooms for Proxy Peering amoungst other things :)

Bah, who cares :) It's all in the name of Internet!  They pay for the
links, let 'em do what they like!