Re: DNS: defining "AURSC" domains

From: Jean-Christophe Praud <jc.praud§ludexpress.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 1998 12:48:33 +0200
Rick Welykochy wrote:

> Jeff Williams wrote:
> >
> > Kim and all,
> >
> > Kim Davies wrote:
> >
> > > Check out the Australian ISP List .. http://www.cynosure.com.au/isp/
> >
> >  You have a problem nere however.  This may be resolvable in Australia,
> > but that is about it.  This URL is not a valid DN as far as the Legacy
> > Root structure is concerned outside of Australia.  So I find you other
> > conclusions scepitical at best.
>
> Jeff, can you see the above Australian ISP list
> from your edge of the world?
>
> We ourselves host many .au domains and have never had a
> complaint from overseas yet. Also, this issue has
> never once been raised AFAIK on the Aussie ISP
> discussion lists. You would think that if there is
> a global problem resolving names in .AU that it
> would have become apparent by now.
>
> Regards,
>  _/  Richard Welykochy                 mailto:rick&#167;dot.net.au
> _/  Dot Communications Ltd             http://www.dot.net.au/world

Mmm. I get this URL with my alternate IRSC DNS, AND with my
LEGACY/InterNIC DNS, too...
All that from France...

Timeouts are currently more frequent with legacy DNS servers than with
IRSCs ones. Perhaps is it specific to Europe, where "World Wide Wait"
isn't just a joke...

Anyway, with more root servers sharing the load, and BETTER located thru
the world, all internet users should benefit from new RSCs.

--
Jean-Christophe PRAUD - LUDEXPRESS  http://www.ludexpress.com
http://www.nicwine.net     http://www.nic.wine     3:213 WINE