Re: DNS: defining "AURSC" domains

From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1§>
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 1998 15:35:24 +0100

Reagan Blundell wrote:

> > > --
> > > Check out the Australian ISP List ..
> >
> >   You have a problem nere however.  This may be resolvable in Australia,
> > but that is about it.  This URL is not a valid DN as far as the Legacy
> > Root structure is concerned outside of Australia.  So I find you other
> > conclusions scepitical at best.
> >
> Not sure what you mean by 'not a valid DN as far as the Legacy Root structure
> is concerned'

  First of all you havn't been keeping up with this thread very well.  I have
posted a retraction this this comment of mine.

> I did a quick query of,  and
> both of them were able to tell me the nameservers for .au
> Thos nameservers were able to point me in the direction of the
> nameservers, which in turn were able to give me the nameservers for

  Of course.  As I said in a previous retraction post on this thread yesterday.
Please try to keep up with the therad.

> This of course, held authoritive data for
> All of this was done from the shell prompt of a machine located in San Jose.
> That particular machine has only been set up to use the legacy root servers...
> so I'm not sure how else it would have gotten the data back when I did an
> nslookup on
> Perhaps I've misinterpreted why you were trying to say...

  Not at all.  Yu are just not following this thread very well.

Jeffrey A. Williams
DIR. Internet Network Eng/SR. Java/CORBA Development Eng.
E-Mail jwkckid1&#167;