Re: DNS: RE: Global Incorporation Alliance Workshop?

From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1§ix.netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 1998 18:12:29 +0100
Jim and all,

Jim Fleming wrote:

> On Friday, June 12, 1998 4:41 AM, Karl Auerbach[SMTP:karl&#167;CaveBear.com] wrote:
> &#167;
> &#167;> C. Launch the new IANA with a 15 person board appointed as follows:
> &#167;
> &#167;>                         Karl Auerbach, attorney
> &#167;
> &#167;Yeah, mea culpa.
> &#167;
> &#167;http://www.cavebear.com/ and follow the links to me and to CaveBear.
> &#167;
> &#167;Thanks for the nomination.
> &#167;
> &#167;By-the-way, I do consider myself more of a techie with legal training
> &#167;rather than an attorney with technical expertise:
> &#167;
> &#167;I tend to spend most of my time designing real-time, near-broadcast
> &#167;quality, IP multicast, audio/video systems for the Internet. (I was
> &#167;employee #1 at Precept Software which was recently merged into Cisco.)
> &#167;
> &#167;And I also help design, build, and operate the big show network for
> &#167;Networld+Interop (It's the worlds largest mobile/trade-show network --
> &#167;talk about a place to play with all kinds of new gear in a big way!)  At
> &#167;the recent Las Vegas show I put together a multivendor group where we did
> &#167;RSVP/QoS interoperability testing [one of the RSVP implementations was
> &#167;mine.]
> &#167;
> &#167;Plus I've put together what many consider to be the best network
> &#167;troubleshooting tool, which I give away.  [This was a result of one hard,
> &#167;painful lesson on how to not run a business.]
> &#167;
> &#167;(But I did get a "cum laude" on my law degree. ;-)  [Wow, I bet that
> &#167;sentence triggers a bunch of e-mail filters.]
> &#167;
> &#167;               --karl--
> &#167;
>
> Thanks for the reply. I guess this takes you out
> of the "running" on the newdom list. :-)
>
> Also, maybe you can help the other people in the GIAW
> movement to come up with 3 more people. Also, it may
> be difficult to get the other major groups to appoint 3 people.
> They seem to want to focus on name calling.
>
> C. Launch the new IANA with a 15 person board appointed as follows:
>
>                 3 - http://www.iana.org and "newdom" discussions
>                         Rick Wesson
>                         Chris Ambler
>                         John Frangie
>                         Jay Fenello
>                         Ellen Rony
>                         Eugene Kashpureff
>                         Steve Heflin
>                         Dave Crocker
>                         Marc Hurst
>                         Jean-Christophe Praud
>
>                 3 - http://www.gtld-mou.org and mail lists
>
> Here are the people that I feel are MOST responsible
> for the IAHC/CORE plan. Maybe all of them should be
> nominated to be an IANA Inc. Director.

  God let's hope not!  But judging from the recent letter from the gTLD-MoU
(So called news service) they would appear to favor this approach.
 to Wit;
http://www.gtld-mou.org/docs/ianaopenletter.htm

> 1. Jon Postel - IANA/USC/ISI
> 2. Don Heath - ISOC
> 3. Dave Crocker - IMC
> 4. Robert Shaw - ITU
> 5. George Strawn - NSF
> 6. David Maher - McDonalds
> 7. John Gilmore - EFF
> 8. Vinton Cerf - MCI
> 9. Michael Dillon - Priori
> 10. Gordon Cook - Cook Report
> 11. Perry Metzger - NY
> 12. Bill Manning - USC/ISI
> 13. Scott Bradner - ISOC
> 14. Ken Crispin - LBL
> 15. Rick Wesson - SF/CA
>
>                 3 - http://www.giaw.org meeting in July and open-rsc lists
>                         Tony Rutkowski
>                         Richard Sexton
>                         Prof. Tamar Frankel, Boston Univ. Law School
>                         Prof. Vic Khanna, Boston Univ. Law School
>                         Prof. Claire Hill, George Mason Univ. Law School
>                         David R. Johnson, Aspen Institute
>                         Einar Stefferud, NMA Associates
>                         Laina Raveendran Greene, attorney
>                         Karl Auerbach, attorney
>                         Prof. David Farber, U Penn
>                         Prof. A. Michael Froomkin, U. Miami School of Law
>                         Carl Oppedahl, attorney
>                         Dan Steinberg, attorney
>                         John R Mathiason, attorney
>                         Milton Mueller, attorney
>                         Craig Simon, researcher

  To many lawyers in this group.

> [...]
> SE      Gabrielle Eklund        pi.se AB
> SE      Gunilla Malmqvist       Telenordia AB
> SE      Gunnar Lindberg Chalmers University of Technology
> SE      Hakan Hansson   Telia Network Services
> SE      Hans Niklasson  SwipNet
> SE      Helen Dagerus   SwipNET
> SE      Jan Guldborg    Ebone Inc.
> SE      Jorgen Larsson  Telia AB Sektor Datakom
> SE      Klara Rank      pi.se AB
> SE      Kurt Erik Lindqvist     EUnet Sverige AB
> SE      Lotta Flyman    Telia Network Services
> SE      Madeleine Gustafsson    Telenordia AB
> SE      Magnus Ahltorp  Aladdin
> SE      Michael Skutnabba       Telenordia AB
> SE      Mikael Eriksson KTH/IT
> SE      Nisse Steen     SwipNet
> SE      Ola Winberg     FMV
> SE      Ove Landberg    Swedish Armed Forces
> SE      Patric Ostman   Global One
> SE      Per Lundberg    Telecom Finland AB, SONERA AB
> SE      Per-Olof Haettner       FMV
> SE      Peter Lothberg  Stupi AB
> SE      Peter Nilsson   Global One
> SE      Pontus Ekman    pi.se AB
> SE      Ragnar Lvnn     Telenordia
> SE      Rikard Hoglund  Telia Network Services
> SE      Sofia Hymnelius Telia AB
> SE      Tomas Ahlstrvm  Telia Ab
> SE      Tomi Kortelainen        KTH/IT
> SE      Uno Staver      FMV
> SE      stockman bernhard       Telianet
> SI      Avgust Jauk     ARNES
> SI      Barbara Povse Golob     ARNES
> SK      Lubos Elias     SANET
> SK      Marian Durkovic CVTSTU/SANET
> SK      Miroslav Vallo  TELENOR Slovakia
> UA      Alexander Milutin       INFOCOM
> UA      Yuri Demchenko  Global Ukraine JV
> UK      Anthony Turner  Netcom UK Ltd.
> UK      Darren Byrne    Demon Internet Ltd.
> UK      Darren Taylor   Demon Internet Ltd.
> UK      Denesh Bhabuta  Demon Internet Ltd.
> UK      Dr William Black        Nominet UK
> UK      Elliott Atkins  REDNET Limited
> UK      Geoffrey Sisson Nominet UK
> UK      Ivan Beveridge  Demon Internet Ltd.
> UK      Keith Mitchell  LINX
> UK      Michael Behringer       DANTE
> UK      Paul Thornton   LINX
> UK      Peter Emptage   Cisco Systems
> UK      Richard Almeida Internet Network Services
> UK      Sam Critchley   UUNET
> UK      Stephen Burley  UUNET
> UK      Steve Foster    Global High Street Ltd
> US      Carl Malamud    Internet Multicasting Service
> US      Craig Labovitz  Merit Network, Inc.
> US      David Kessens   ISI
> US      Dawn Martin     ARIN
> US      Deibler Danielle L.     DIGEX, Incorporated
> US      Dorian Kim      Verio
> US      Ed Kern DIGEX
> US      Jake Khuon      Merit Network, Inc.
> US      Kim Hubbard     ARIN
> US      Mark McFadden   Commercial Internet eXchange
> US      Randy Bush      Verio, Inc.
> US      Robert C. Noland III    UUNET Technologies
> US      Robert Hinden   Nokia
> US      Tom Spindler    Merit Network, Inc.
> US      rekhter yakov   Sisco systems

>                 3 - APNIC & Australian DNS discussions dns&#167;iia.net.au

 Regards,

--
Jeffrey A. Williams
DIR. Internet Network Eng/SR. Java/CORBA Development Eng.