[DNS] What are the problems that we are trying to solve?

From: Anthony Baxter <arb§connect.com.au>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 1998 12:34:58 +1000
One question that I don't believe has been asked in this whole DNS
discussion is: What are the problem(s) we are trying to solve?

The answers to this question should define the success criteria of
this whole effort. Without it, how can we tell whether we've actually
achieved anything but just change things for the hell of it.

Is it simply to produce an alternative body for the management of .au,
to prevent the "kre hit by a bus" disaster?

Is it to somehow "improve" com.au? If so, how? While in the past com.au
has been not-so-wonderful, I keep seeing postings from people who are
getting responses within number of hours of submitting their forms.

Or are there some other goals here?

Anthony, obviously only talking for himself here, not connect.
--
Anthony Baxter        development manager
arb&#167;connect.com.au    connect.com.au Pty Ltd