[DNS] shared registries experiences

From: George Michaelson <ggm§dstc.edu.au>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 14:46:22 +1000 (EST)
I kinda said this before, but I would like to ask it again.

    *	Do we have concrete feedback yet on the experience of running
	shared registry code?

    *	Do we know what the problems are in making this work longterm?

If we're going to give credance to the idea, we'd need to know early on
how viable experience to date has been.  I'm not talking the business
issues, or politics. Its the effects and concerns around the *code*
that worries me right now.

Making policy work sanely, so that party (a) doesn't register something
party (b) refused, thats a different domain of concern right now.

Anybody here want to comment? Larry Bloch as already stated he is opposed to
them, as it puts a CORE in the middle. I don't see this as neccessarily being
good or bad. And it doesn't consider the technical questions.

-George