Reinvent ADNA? No, but improve - of course. was DNS: Get ISOC-AU Involved

From: Adam Todd <at§ah.net>
Date: Fri, 03 Apr 1998 15:02:55 +1000
>>I think not many people realise that if ADNA fails there is no other (non
>>government imposed) chance at this. Who would honestly give it another go
>>in light of the ADNA effort ?
>
>I think not many people realise that we *have* to get this right. I'm sure
>most interested people are waiting to see whether ADNA is the solution.

I don't believe either is correct.

The IAHC said the same thing a year ago.  "IAHC 'MUST' get this right."
It's more of a back step now that it was 8 months ago.

>If it fails I have no doubt that there will be people prepared to step
>in with a better alternative.

You have to be joking.  Right now I know of three or four groups of people
creating better alterntaives.

Are you telling me ADNA is the only thing of it's type in the world and no
one has in part or full any idea similar.

SHEESH, that's the longest pull I've heard in years.

>There are people who believe that there is a workable solution. I'm one.

I agree there is A workable solution.  Lets try and find it - equally -
using those others who are also developing ideas.  Then with the careful
merger of many ideas will come a solution that will hopefully be accepted
by the majority, rather than the extreme minoiryt that seem to accept ADNA.