DNS: Re: Get ISOC-AU Involved

From: Kate Lance <clance§connect.com.au>
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 1998 12:08:57 +1000 (EST)
(Apologies for resending the original of the letter this is a reply
to to the list earlier, finger trouble :-)

> But the public are yet to be directly invited to the (Closed door meetings)
> of ADNA.

To be fair here, ADNA has consistently invited observers from ISOC-AU,
ACCC, AVCC and other interested groups to board meetings.  It's not
usual for the general public to attend board meetings for most
organisations.

> I agree it would be great to have ICOC-AU involved how can this best be
> achieved?

We see here the problem of people coming into debates with
loudly-expressed opinions when they don't know anything about the
history of the situation.

ISOC-AU worked with ADNA between August and December last year.  We
wrote three substantial submissions on proposed changes to the M&A,
which initially were cooperatively received.  We were willing to work
on them further, to take input from ADNA and modify them until they
were acceptable to both organisations.

ADNA, for reasons that they have not made clear publically, stopped
talking to ISOC-AU in December 1997, and despite a formal request from
the ISOC-AU board in February that they recommence communication, have
not responded.

I'm not sure what else ISOC-AU can do.  If we can get a neutral third
party to bring everyone together to sort out these problems then
ISOC-AU will be very happy to be involved.

Kate Lance