DNS: Identity Confusion - is it a crisis - or smoke?

From: Adam Todd <at§ah.net>
Date: Thu, 02 Apr 1998 11:35:01 +1000
At 09:48 2/04/98 +1000, you wrote:
>Adam,
>
>My apologies for my misunderstanding.

<rofl> Mark, Don't apologies. Seriously.  It was considerably fuuny.

In fact it's one reason why there are so many Domain Name disputes at the
international level.  And will start to be many in Australia in COM.AU as
people realise their Trademarks and Known Identies have been taken by
somoene else.

>BTW, it does re-inforce my position re trademarks, that no entity
>has full rights over a name, and all the smoke coming from
>trademark owners re the DNS is mostly just that - smoke.

<rofl> Spot on.

So I'm now curious, considering we've actually established a working
example of "confusion" how can we actully prevent it occuring again?

Another possible one is MS.  Multiple Sclerosis or Microsoft?

THE DOMAIN NAME HANDBOOK                   http://www.domainhandbook.com
The advice offered in this email is not considered professional advice,
or it would be accompanied by an invoice. No permission is granted for
republication of comments, without written consent.
Business Development, Technology Domain Registration and Network Advisory
Telstra Convery Member			  AURSC    http://www.aursc.ah.net
Adam Todd                                 Personal http://adamtodd.ah.net
at&#167;aus  or  at@ah.net				   http://adam.says.sheesh
Phone +61 2 9729 0565                     Network  http://www.ah.net