Re: DNS: Mailing-list white noise

From: Adam Todd <at§ah.net>
Date: Thu, 02 Apr 1998 11:19:40 +1000
>I was really encouraged by the discussion that had started today,
>even though we're taking each other to task a little :-) we're at
>least talking again.

Yes, this is true, but Kate ...

>But we've just been spammed by Adam Todd.  Can I please ask everyone

SPAM is the sending of unsolicted email.  Sending several replies isn't
SPAMMING.  Please get your terminology right.

>who feels tempted to reply to his self-advertising rambles to think
>again:

Hopefully only those with constructive comments will reply thus allowing
the process of debate and eventually final conclusion to arise.  I don't
expect many will reply, certainly you don't find it fitting.  Damn this is
becoming personal.  I really hate that.

>he almost destroyed the usefulness of the aussie-isp list
>recently over a period of several weeks.

If I nearly destroyed it, I guess that says one of two things, either
peopel aren't very bright, or people just want a fight.  Either way neither
is constructive.

>His insinuations, ignorance, accusations, and harrassment recently

That's defamation.

>contributed to the resignation of one of the ADNA directors, and

I'll agree to this.  I added to the decision Mr. Baxter made to resign.
Clearly it was warranted or he would have made a public statement as was
requested by the public.  I guess when you target the hip pocket nerve some
people would rather jump than let go.

>though I may have differences with ADNA, this was a very ugly and
>regrettable thing to happen.

I shoudl mention Kate, your tact here if far more ugly than my simple
request that Mr. Baxter resign if he intends selling domain names under
authoiryt of ADNA.

You have in fact personally insulted me, called me names and defamed me.
At least I didn't do the same to Mr. Baxter.  So you must be a far lesser
person.  Shame about the credability it gives your employer.

Not at all regreattable.  IT has opened a seat for another Public Member to
join the ADNA board and hopefully one that doesn't have a direct interest
in profiting from the internet.

A few more members to go and we'll have an even and balanced board.

I can say "we" can't I?  I am after all a Key Industry Player, an Internet
Community Member and a Member of the Public and according to all the touts
from ADNA that's what they represent.

I'm only asking for my opinion to be represented.  Mr. Baxter obviously
coudln't represent my opinon so he resigned.  Brave move, sensible in fact.
 It actually won him honour with our staff.

>Please, unless it's absolutely necessary, don't reply,

This should be said for context of a debate.

>and use you mail
>filters if you would prefer not to see the list abused in this way.

This isn't very big of you Kate, you might miss something important, but
it's your choice.  Even Dave Crocker doesn't filter me any more realising
that I was gaining so much populatority because he was ignoring me.

Kate I was told I'd go away from the Internernational Debate.

I am still there with all guns blazing where required.  It's thanks to
people like myself and some other 1000 that the IAHC didn't get it's
control of the DNS system, which so far is a good thing.  Now it's time to
try and recover the IAHC and make it useful.  It does after all have
something of value.  Dedciated people, just how to make them useful is the
only question.  But I belive I have an answer to that and you'll no doubt
see it in the international media next week.

So Kate, ignoring me doesn't make me go away.  In fact it helps build my
support because when you act in silence people start to doubt your
credability or interests.  Showing SELF interest isn't a good thing when
you use the words "public" and "community".

You have to take me as part of the course, and either melt me down or make
me a friend, not a foe.

I must also admit I was (and my wife made the comment this morning) seeing
very much in agreement with you, but this really just shows your true self
as being self interested and uncooperative with the public.

I'm sorry Kate, but you have a lot of stairs to climb now to get back in
the supported books.

Now, we'll drop this thread as quick as it started.  If Kate wishes to
reply, he may do so IN PRIVATE to me DIRECTLY.  She made the first
statement, and I used my right of reply.  Lets stop the silliness and get
back to making ADNA work.

There still are some good opportunities for ADNA if the people involved
start to be fair, public and seinsible.  Of course if your objective is to
gain directly and fincnially you'll run your smoke screen hard.

THE DOMAIN NAME HANDBOOK                   http://www.domainhandbook.com
The advice offered in this email is not considered professional advice,
or it would be accompanied by an invoice. No permission is granted for
republication of comments, without written consent.
Business Development, Technology Domain Registration and Network Advisory
Telstra Convery Member			  AURSC    http://www.aursc.ah.net
Adam Todd                                 Personal http://adamtodd.ah.net
at&#167;aus  or  at@ah.net				   http://adam.says.sheesh
Phone +61 2 9729 0565                     Network  http://www.ah.net