Re: DNS: ADNA has a LONG way to go.

From: <mark.hughes§anz.ccamatil.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 1998 10:06:04 +1000
Adam,

>Mark, your missing the most important factor.
>Robert Elz IS THE AUTHORITY.
>At such time that Mr. Elze feels fit that ADNA is supported by the
majority
>of the population, he might cede HIS authority into ADNA.

We agree completely.  That is my understanding of the situtation also.

On another issue you commented on separately, that of a process for
enabling additional Registrars, let me re-iterate that the existing
ADNA proposal available on the web site makes it clear that ANY AND
ALL entities that meet some basic criteria (which are publicly listed
in the document) cannot be denied a licence to be a Registrar, and
that the licence will be automatically renewed in future to ANY AND ALL
entities that continue to meet the minimal criteria.

That means any entity can easily determine in advance whether they
can become a Registrar.

If that means we end up with 1,000 Registrars operating in SLDs
in .au, great.

Regards, Mark