DNS: slackness of some registries

From: Skeeve Stevens <skeeve§skeeve.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 1998 09:40:15 +1100 (EST)
ok... some delays are fine...

but now im starting to get reeeeealy pissed off.

	o some .org.au requests have been in 3-4 months
	o redelegation of .org.au - unable to even estimate
	o AUNIC records - getting ANY response out of AUNIC, such as getting
	  lost keys for registry entries is taking forever.... i have about
	  5 emails waiting to be answered at the moment.

While M.IT is lame (just an opinion folks), its really starting to cause
problems for clients who justify having a .org.au domain.

While there is a clear path for gaining control of .com.au domains with wrong
handles by sending a fax to M.IT, doing the same for .org.au/.net.au is not
clear at all.

Im assuming .asn.au is ok since mikes always done an ok job, and is awake on
the net.... but i havent had to redelegate a .asn.au in a long time.. so who
knows.

What do we do when youve been waiting MONTHS for a .org.au to come through?,
What do you do when you have clients with an .org.au who want their domain
redelegated to you ASAP?

WHat is the procedure to fix up WHOIS records at aunic (mainly nic handles)
which have like the admin/tech from the orginal ISP, and not a real controller?

How about key recovery at aunic? it used to be possible.....

If these people are genuinely busy, then GIVE THE JOB TO SOMEONE ELSE TO DO,
DONT SIT ON IT FOR AGES PISSING PEOPLE OFF.

    | Skeeve Stevens - myinternet    personal.url: http://www.skeeve.net/ |
    | email://skeeve&#167;skeeve.net/     work.url: http://www.myinternet.net/ |
    | phone://612.9869.3334/         mobile://0414.SKEEVE/      [753-383] |
    | address://p.o box 1035 epping, 2121, australia        icq://6576270 |
    | - This email is (c) 1997 by Skeeve Stevens - All rights reserved -  |