Re: DNS: Domain Registration in Australia

From: Rick Welykochy <rick§dot.net.au>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 1998 09:54:29 +1100
Adam Todd wrote:

> Please do Rick, if I can help with the application fill me in.  It's
> amazing what you can achive if you try hard enough.

Adam,

I've sent repeated inquiries to Mel.I.T. re: strange anomolies in their
policies. With little success, and only a vague acknowledgement in
reply.
If you are looking for more anomolies yourself, try these two:

(1) volkswagen.com.au
    volkswagan.com.au
    volkswagon.com.au

   All three are registered to the same company. Mel.I.T. policies
   clearly states: ONE DOMAIN PER COMPANY OR ENTITY

(2) dan.com.au
    divdat.com.au
    diversified.com.au

   All three are registered to the same person. "dan" is the guy's name!
   And his ACN is listed as "000000000". Hmmmmf!  Also, "diversified" is
   a dictionary word.

I'm sure you can dig up a lot more anomolies like this.
It's a real piss off when I try to register names
for my clients and get knocked back, and yet these
examples above get through!

Cheers,
Rick Welykochy