Re: DNS: Domain Registration in Australia

From: Ramin Marzbani <ramin§consultco.com.au>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 1998 08:05:53 +1100
Adam
a mild disagreement.  there is no way that anyone can convince me that the
980,000-odd business names correspond 1-on-1 with domain names, even if it
was mandated that only the form wxy.john'stakeawayptylimited.com.au was
used.

also, it cannot be totally illegal to register a business name to secure a
domain name.  why would that be? especially if the domain name helps your
business?  whilst use of a domain name does not imply trading under that
name.  For example, if amazon.com had not registered the business name
amazon.com corporation (i guess amazon corporation was already being used
by at least one other company), does that mean that amazon.com should cease
trading or change names.  Not.

also, you say "> You are not suppose (sic) to use a Business Name as a form
of identity."  Please let me understand this.  What else is a business name
to be used for?

Must have been the late night.
Hang Ten
Ramin