Re: DNS: tm.au and pr.au seminars today & tomorrow

From: Geoff Huston <gih§telstra.net>
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 1997 18:03:04 +1100
Mark,

There is no such thing as "a trademark".

There is such a thing as "a trademark qualified by a service category".

Given that withinthe trademark world two completely different entities
can quite properly and correctly trade using the same trademarked
name, then please explain to me how BOTH parties can 'protect'
their trademark from each other as well as from other within
a single domain name, whether its .com.au, .tm.au or
.garbage.au.

Attempting to map external name structures into the DNS
won't work. Its a waste of time even trying.

Geoff