Re: DNS: ADNA Memoranda & Articles

From: Luke Carruthers <luke§magna.com.au>
Date: Fri, 9 May 1997 18:49:06 +1000 (EST)
> I am an individual DNA for edu.au and gov.au
>
> Telstra support my role, but I, individually, am the DNA.
>
> I see no reason whatsoever I should pay personal money from
> my bank account for a role I undertake as a volunteer and
> a function that is undertaken without cost. So its not
> going to happen.
>
> Is the entire concept of ADNA broken? I'm not sure, but
> certainly in its current incarnation I see no way I can
> ever play within its structures even if I possibly wanted
> to.

Reading through the M&A, you will see that there is provision made
for there to be no charging of those DNA's deemed appropriate by
ADNA - a situation specifically designed to allow domains such as edu.au,
gov.au, asn.au, and so on to continue as they do without change, and
without being charged for providing, as you say, a volounteer service.
I don't see it as broken - and there's been a lot of volounteer work put
in by a lot of people over the last year to ensure it isn't - and I do
see a way for you to play within its structures.

Luke Carruthers
Magna Data
Internet Solutions Provider