Re: DNS: P Montgomery Report in CW

From: Coherent Software <coherent§>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 1997 12:10:44 +1000
Skeeve Stevens wrote:

>I DONOT recognise anything that occured at that meeting, since it was VERY
>under-reported, under advertised, and did not make it very easy for people
>outside melbourne to be involved.

True, it was announced very late because it had to be slotted into the Interact
conference schedule. However, IntIAA were major participants in the
conference, and
planned an IntIAA meeting as part of it, so a fair chunk of IntIAA members could
have been expected to be there. Other stakeholders might not have been as well

>If you had the same meeting in sydney, or somewhere where there was a greater
>cross-section of the industry.. i think you would have found a very different

Spare us the geographical stuff. I hope you're not arguing that every DNS Forum
meeting or other Internet related gathering must be held in Sydney to be
valid, representative or whatever.

Paul Foxworthy
---- Coherent Software ------------- ----
For interactive Web sites, catalogues, shopping carts, etc.
Member Aust. Web Publishers' Assoc.
Ask about our book "Genealogy on the Internet" - 2nd ed. for 1997.
Aust. Family History Compendium at
PGP Key: