Re: [Oz-ISP] Re: DNS: Re: [Fwd: Domain Name Policies: Next meeting of the DNS Forum]

From: Skeeve Stevens <skeeve§skeeve.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Dec 1996 16:20:08 +1100 (EST)
You, Andrew Heath, shaped the electrons to say:
+
+> does this mean the next time someone makes a typo, melbourne.it will add it
+> for them, for an unspecified time, for free?
+>
+
+Skeeve,
+
+Please be sensible.

I am

+There was a problem - not created by me I might add - and I have put into
+place a solution which would hopefully help everyone, and get around the
+original typo error.

I dont care why... I want to know what control over the com.au zone file you
have... you said to me on the phone you are the admin of the machine which
holds the com.au zone...... how is a competitor going to have to deal with this.

And if you are able to do anything you like to the zone file... will the
competitor also be able to? ie delete melbourneit.com.au ?  you want to
exercise your right to do what ever you want... so then you would have no prob
with the competitor also doing so.

+You are just being a little silly!

I dont think so.....

Apparently youve made the decision on your own...... without Gerrands permission

I want to know... what right m.it thinks they have over the com.au zone file.

and does everyone who sends out massive amounts of email, with a problem in
their email domain... have the right to have such an entry added... if not

why?

does this also extend to melbourne it registring any domainnames they like for
their own purposes... pizza.com.au, telstrasux.com.au or whatever...

remember.. your contract is non-exclusive...  do you have plans on how a
competitor will access the zone files? and what rights they have? I think
everyone should know this.

| Skeeve Stevens - MyInternet    personal.url: http://www.skeeve.net/ |
| email://skeeve&#167;skeeve.net/     work.url: http://www.myinternet.net/ |
| phone://612.9869.3334/         mobile://0414.SKEEVE/      [753-383] |
| Join the Internet Society of Australia - http://www.isoc-au.org.au/ |