Re: [Oz-ISP] Re: DNS: Re: [Fwd: Domain Name Policies: Next meeting of the DNS Forum]

From: James Robinson <james§zed.com.au>
Date: Thu, 26 Dec 1996 16:10:56 +1100
Skeeve Stevens wrote:

> +> XAA26934: XAA26935: return to sender:
> +>      Host unknown (Name server: melbouneit.com.au: host not found)
> +>                                 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> +
> +
> +I have temporarily added 2 MX records to the com.au zone file which will
> +ensure that mail send to melbouneit.com.au DOES get through to us.
>

> does anyone else have a problem with melbourne it just adding things to the
> com.au zone file when they feel like it....

This is outragous.

I hope they charged themselves for doing the job!

> does this mean the next time someone makes a typo, melbourne.it will add it
> for them, for an unspecified time, for free?

I bloody hope so.  They cannot have one rule for them and one rule for
us.

If they actually did this then it has set a preceident. Which if they
charge for the "temporary" addition or take longer to "temporarily" add
this addition (longer than the speed in which "they" got the addition
completed) then we can sue them for damages - and win!

Now that would be a nice Christmas present.

======================
   From the desk of
    James Robinson
     Sys Admin &