DNS: Message From KO/Office

From: <mark.hughes§ccamatil.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 1996 15:42:01 EST
A couple of months ago when pg/kre floated the original proposal
that Melbourne IT take over the administration of the .com.au domain
name I was about the only person on this list who raised objections
to the proposal.  My comments at the time:

*That the management of .com.au should be by a non-profit
organisation that was representative of the people who paid the
money
*That everyone would be outraged if the corollary of the proposal
was suggested - ie. that one for-profit .com.au company administered
and charged a fee for administering the .edu.au domain names.

At that stage no one else seemed to think it was an issue, and no
one - certainly not pg or kre - was willing to even discuss the
second point above.

I am therefore finding the current discussion on the fees hugely
amusing.

Regards, Mark

*  Message From : HUGHES, MARK          *
*  Location     : AUSTRALIA-CCA HDQ     *
*  KOMAIL ID    : N17503  (CCAMCQN1)    *
*  Date and Time: 11/13/96  06:54:20    *