[DNS] AUSSIEHQ PTY LTD

From: Shaun Ewing <s.ewing§aussiehq.com.au>
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2009 09:03:52 +1000
On 01/10/2009, at 1:19 AM, Barry Armstrong wrote:

> Only a small point perhaps but I always thought it was a breach of
> AUDA rules
> not to show a contact person's name on a .com.au domain record.

I refer you to the registrant contact information policy (2002-14): http://www.auda.org.au/policies/auda-2002-14/
  - more specifically section 2.2, and I quote:

Registrant Contact	MANDATORY
Contact person or role (eg. "General Manager") nominated by the
registrant. In the case of individual registrants, must be the
registrant himself or herself. In the case of corporate registrants,
must be a principal, employee or member of the registrant. MUST NOT be
the registrar of record or their reseller.

As per the above it is perfectly within policy to include a role as
the contact person. You may be confusing .au domains with .nz - it is
a requirement that the contact person on a .nz domain be an
individual, and not a role.

In our case, as I'm sure is the case with many larger organisations -
corporate domains are not managed by a single person rather they come
under the jurisdiction of our systems group.

-Shaun

--
Shaun Ewing
Chief Technology Officer

Direct:	+61 2 6163 9302
Fax:   	+61 2 6176 2002
Mobile:	+61 422 804 537 [AU]
Mobile:	+1 775 393 9464 [US]

s.ewing&#167;aussiehq.com.au | www.aussiehq.com.au
Level 2, 92 Northbourne Avenue, Braddon ACT 2612 Australia